cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Why www.xsume.com as a namespace?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:44:29 GMT
Jervis,

http://www.xsume.com is owned by another company today.  (The website's
Terms of Service are dated March 2007, meaning the site is probably
quite new.)  I'm attaching a screen shot of what the site looks like in
case you can't see it.

I don't think we should be using xsume's URI.  After all, Apache
probably wouldn't be very happy if this company used Apache URI's for
its schemas.

I'd like us to use an Apache (or IONA, if you really wish to keep the
history) URI, *but*, if you wish, put a comment in the files or
someplace else crediting the XSume Toolspec name.  I'll add this into
the IssueTracker for others to comment.  (I can submit a patch, but I
would need someone to tell me what the new URI's should be.)

Regards,
Glen

Am Montag, den 30.07.2007, 04:18 -0400 schrieb Liu, Jervis:
> Hi Glen, the www.xsume.com (www.xsume.org) is not a retailer :-). XSume was a place (seems
that the website is down?) that holds several java packaging and CPI (Continuous Product Integration)
tools, which were written by some IONA and ex-IONA employees. XSume Toolspec is a java utility
that parses and validates command line input based on a XML-format file - tool specification.
An example of tool specification can be found from trunk\tools\javato\core\src\main\java\org\apache\cxf\tools\java2wsdl\java2wsdl.xml.
I am sure you will appreciate how much XSume Toolspec can help you out from tedious and frangible
java codes like "if args[0].equals("-wsdl") then wsdlLocation = args[1]; ". This toolspec
stuff also supports regular expression, this way you can easily add one line into your XML
tool spec file to make your -wsdl option for example, only accepts certain characters. XSume
Toolspec was open-sourced to CXF back to one or two years ago.  Technically it would be no
problem to replace XSume namespace with some Apache namespaces as this tool spec stuff is
self-contained all codes are located in CXF and has no dependency on xsume.com. But on the
other hand, using xsume namespace would be a good way to remember contributions have been
made by this small but powerful tool, otherwise how we can get people like you start asking?
 :-)