cxf-dev mailing list archives

From kawanka <kawa...@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Exception loading CXF service in Spring with HTTP Binding]
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:40:12 GMT

I was quite encouraged when I saw this e-mail as I'm having a similar issue.
I'm in the middle of a project which uses Hibernate, XFire and Spring. I
refactored the project quite a bit a week ago. During that process, I was
browsing the XFire related site announcements. I was on the site to make
sure I had the latest API etc...  I saw the news that XFire is now CXF.
After some initial "this is going to screw up my schedule thoughts", I
browsed the CXF site, downloaded the version 2 release and started porting
the application.. which doesn't seem like a big deal until I ran into the
issue in this e-mail.

My first impression is that CXF seems like it's going to be quite the SOAP
toolkit. Merging two existing projects must have its issues. However, the
end result will probably be more functionality for the end user.

Anyways, back to the problem... I started porting my project to CXF.. This
was about a week ago. I did a lot of Googling this week. Last night I found
this post. Since the begining of the week, I've done some tests with Hessian
(There are issues with Hibernate.. I know, it's a binary protocol...). Axis2
(too xml aware) and CXF.

Moving to CXF from XFire is the natural choice. However, If I cannot get
past this issue, I'm dead in the water and will have to use Axis2 which
seems overly concerned with serializing the data. I just want to use the
SOAP toolkit. I could not care less about WSDL serialization etc... Maybe
once my  project prototype is complete, I can look at performance issues
related to WSDL generation on the fly.... if there are performance issues
that is.

There was talk about having the issue in this post fixed and in SVN. Would I
find this issue resolved in the SVN repository?

Are there other methods to wire my SOAP services which are possibly more
finished in the version 2 of the CXF release? I also have to use MTOM to
upload huge files.. this was working in the xfire version. Hopefully, this
is still working in the CXF version.

R.