cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Release plan consensus...
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:39:06 GMT
I think there was some consensus in the previous thread about what to do
with the release process. I think this leaves us with a few takeaways.
warning: some of my own opinions/desires are inter:

1. /trunk is 2.0.1-SNAPSHOT. No destabilizing changes should be made to head
(not going to try to define this - I think its ultimately up to us to make
judgement calls).

2. 2.0.1 should follow about 3-4 weeks from now. I.e. the week of the 16th.

3. Any major changes should be done in a branch for now. I'm not sure if we
should have a 2.1 branch or if we should just have branches for individual
features. I'm guess probably just branches for individual features for now
until 2.0.1 is released, and then we can merge everything into trunk. Though
I think the JAX-WS 2.1, JAXB 2.1, and WS-SX stuff are all intertwined at
least, so that will all need to happen in the same code base.

4. 2.1 Should probably happen as soon as we finish TCK testing. That should
give anyone ample time to get new features in if they want. Any features
which don't make it can go into 2.2, which should hopefully follow 8-10
weeks after.

Thoughts?

- Dan

--