cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Dushin <f...@dushin.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.1 & 2.1 Releases
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:26:19 GMT

On Jun 20, 2007, at 10:09 PM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

> Are you thinking about a case where two features might add the same
> interceptors to an InterceptorProvider? Can you explain a little
> bit more
> the case where multiple features are adding the same interceptors to a
> Bus/Client/Server?

Exactly.  E.g., what would happen in the following case (where we
have a fictional cxf:bus feature):

{{{
<cxf:bus>
     <jaxws:features>
        <acme:MyFeature ... />
     </jaxws:features>
</cxf:bus>

<jaxws:endpoint name="{http://www.acme.com}WhizzBangPort">
     <jaxws:features>
        <acme:MyFeature ... />
     </jaxws:features>
</jaxws:endpoint>
}}}

Is there one feature instance installed, or 2?

Maybe we need a notion of default features, as in

{{{
<cxf:bus>
     <jaxws:defaultFeatures>
        <acme:MyFeature ... />
     </jaxws:defaultFeatures>
</cxf:bus>
}}}

which are only installed if they are not explicitly overridden by an
endpoint or client feature, but I don't think implementing that is
trivial, since the runtime doesn't really know anything about
features, per se.  It just knows what interceptors are.

/Fred