cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Comments on the release being voted - [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:37:04 GMT
On 6/20/07, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> The staging area is at:
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0_incubator_take1/
>
> The distributions are in the "distributions" directory.
> The "maven2_repository" directory contains the stuff that will by pushed
> to the m2-incubating-repository.

I don't want to hijack the vote thread so here the finding goes.

I downloaded apache-cxf-2.0-incubator.zip and the name struck me. it
might've already been discussed, but according to "A Guide To Release
Management During Incubation (DRAFT)" [1]:

Naming:
Incubator policy insists that it must also contain incubating (though
small variations for the sake of readability are usually acceptable).

What's more confusing is the release_notes.txt file:

Apache CXF 2.0 (incubating) Release Notes

Shouldn't it be RELEASE-NOTES[.txt] (uppercase with no txt extension)?

Another issue is with the README file. It starts with the following sentence:

Welcome to Apache Incubator CXF!

and

Incubation Disclaimer

The package contains the following files in lib:

cxf-2.0-incubator.jar
cxf-manifest-incubator.jar

Shouldn't they be prefixed with "apache-"? The modules directory
contains similar-named files. Why is that?

Just a couple of heads-up from a CXF newcomer.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski