cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Marepalli, Hanumantha Rao" <Hanumantha....@iona.com>
Subject How to modify the default client connection timeout value?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:13:40 GMT
Hi,

I'm running concurrent clients; each client sends requests to the
endpoint for a specified duration, say 5 minutes. Some of my clients get
"java.net.ConnectException: Cannot assign requested address" while
establishing connection to the server. To rule out the possibility of
connection timeout, I increased client connection/receive timeout values
to 5 minutes through configuration, but it did not make any difference.

So wondering whether the following approach to modify the client
connection/receive timeout values is correct (The endpointName of my
service is SoapPort and it is listening on 20003 port) -

1. I created xml config file (cxf-config.xml) with the following info -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

       xmlns:http="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration"

       xsi:schemaLocation="

http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration
http://cxf.apache.org/schema/transports/http.xsd

http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">

    <http:conduit
id="{http://cxf.apache.org/performance/complex_type}SoapPort20003.http-c
onduit">

        <http:client ConnectionTimeout="300000"
ReceiveTimeout="300000"/>

    </http:conduit>

</beans>

2. Supplied the "cxf-config.xml" file as an argument to the
cxf.client.run macro, like
jvmarg1="-Dcxf.config.file=wsdl/cxf-config.xml

Does anyone confirm the way I configured is correct? Is there anyway to
find out whether the timeout value that I specified has actually been
picked up? It does not seem to be making any difference, even I set
reduce the timeout value to 1 ms (my invocation takes about 10 ms).

Thanks and Regards

Rao