cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r552244 - in /incubator/cxf/trunk/distribution/src/main/release/samples: js_client/README.txt js_client/build.xml js_client/logging.properties js_client/run_client.bat js_client/run_client.sh js_provider/README.txt
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2007 05:15:53 GMT
Am Sonntag, den 01.07.2007, 04:58 +0000 schrieb ningjiang@apache.org:
> Author: ningjiang
> Date: Sat Jun 30 21:58:17 2007
> New Revision: 552244

> Log:
> CXF-757 applied the patch of Glen, and removed the prerequisite of downloading the js
and xmlbean jars, because we ship them in CXF distribution.

Unfortunately, though, that creates a slight "Catch-22" problem
(although I'm still very happy that those two jars are shipped in the
distribution, as that makes it simpler for the user.)

Problem is:  In the build file below, in order to take advantage of the
<cxfrun> macro, I must predefine "thirdparty.classpath" before I import
common_build.xml, which I indeed did below.

But, in my property definition of thirdparty.classpath below, I cannot
use the ${cxf.home} parameter defined in common_build.xml (which I would
need to use so I can include those two preshipped jars), because the
property definition below precedes the <import> statement.

I think what we need to do is modify line 88 of [1] below to bring in
*all* jars in the lib directory (${cxf.home}/lib/*.jar will work fine I
believe).  That will naturally include the js and xmlbean jars, and
whatever other jars the other samples need.  These are just samples, so
I don't think the performance hit involved with bringing in all jars
would be that important.

I'll send a patch Monday (Tuesday your time) if you can't get to this
(or think of a better solution) before then.

Regards,
Glen

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/cxf/trunk/distribution/src/main/release/samples/common_build.xml?view=annotate