cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject contract first using either XSD or XML plus Trang
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 10:33:34 GMT
Writing WSDL by hand is a bit sucky. I enjoyed Craig's recent post...

http://jroller.com/page/habuma?entry=contract_first_i_do_not

I wondered if anyone had ever looked at creating some contract-first
tooling which was like this...

a)  example XML documents -> XSD
b) XSD with naming conventions/annotations -> WSDL
c) WSDL to Java (as we currently have)

i.e. so folks could start at a, b or c rather than just forcing folks
to write WSDL.

e.g. it'd be cool to extend the maven tooling so you could just list
the example XML documents to use to create the XSD to create the WSDL
to create the Java contracts :)

On the home page it seems to kinda say there's code generation for XSD
to WSDL, but I've not spotted any examples yet. Is this true? I've
seen the XSD to Java (which seems to be like the JAXB2 XSD to Java
stuff). I was wondering if folks had looked at doing XSD to WSDL and
using trang to add example-XML to XSD etc?

--
James
-------