cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Glynn, Eoghan" <eoghan.gl...@iona.com>
Subject Pitfall to avoid with <jaxws:endpoint> config
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 13:05:47 GMT

Folks,

Just in case anyone else makes the same dumb mistake and ends up tearing
out their hair as I did, here's a quick heads-up on an aspect of using
<jaxws:endpoint> bean to apply <jaxws:features> to individual endpoints
within a multi-endpoint service.

Basically you can no longer use instances of the *same* implementor
class to publish on the multiple endpoints. This is because the portName
attribute of the @WebService annotation is used to wire in the
<jaxws:endpoint> config. If this annotation is missing, then the port
name is inferred from the implementator class name.

Either way, you're outta luck using the same implementor type for
different endpoints *and* picking up endpoint-specific config. Without
config, reusing the same implementor class for compatible ports still
works fine in CXF, though I guess someone may point out that it goes
against either the letter or the spirit of the JAX-WS spec.

Cheers,
Eoghan