cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Moesel" <Christopher_Moe...@avid.com>
Subject RE: MTOM
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 18:27:56 GMT
I believe that it will *work* either way, but if you want to utilize
streaming attachments, then you need to use the
xmime:expectedContentTypes attribute in the WSDL.

You probably want to use the streaming capability because without it,
you're just dealing with a java byte[], which could cause memory
problems if it's a large attachment.

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnson, Eric [mailto:Eric.Johnson@iona.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 2:17 PM
To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: MTOM

Dan,
I was looking at the docco and it says that you need to add the
xmime:expectedContentTypes attribute to your WSDL to make MTOM work, as
well as enabling the run time support, but the MTOM demo does not use
this and simply generates byte[].
Which is correct? Or does it matter as long as the runtime support is
turned on?
Cheers,
Eric