cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Eric" <Eric.John...@iona.com>
Subject Newby REST question
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 22:49:50 GMT
I've got a class:
package com.acme.customer;

public interface WidgetCatalog
{
  Widgets getWidgets();

  Widget getWidget(long id);

  void addWidget(Widget widget);

  void updateWidget(Widget w);

  int removeWidgets(String type, int num);

  void deleteWidget(Widget widget);
}

That I want to get working using the convention based REST stuff, so I
publish it like this:

       JaxWsServerFactoryBean sf = new JaxWsServerFactoryBean();
        sf.setServiceClass(WidgetCatalog.class);

        sf.setBindingId(HttpBindingFactory.HTTP_BINDING_ID);
        sf.setAddress("http://localhost:9000/xml/");

        WidgetCatalogImpl bs = new WidgetCatalogImpl();
        sf.getServiceFactory().setInvoker(new BeanInvoker(bs));

        sf.getServiceFactory().setWrapped(true);

        sf.create();

When I try to access the getWidgets() method by going to
http://localhost:9000/xml/widgets I get "Invalid URL/Verb combination.
Verb: GET Path: /widgets."

What did I do wrong? I basically copied most of the restfull_http demo
and removed the annotations.