cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Dushin <f...@dushin.net>
Subject Re: Http/s configuration Proposal
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 17:00:53 GMT

On May 30, 2007, at 11:58 AM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:

> With your proposal one needs to write this complex expression in
> addition per every endpoint registration :
>
>> ((JettyHTTPDestination)endpoint.getServer().getDestination()).
>>                    getJettyHTTPServerEngine
>> ().setTLSServerParameters(parms);
>
> Does it mean that for https://localhost:9000/bar one can point to
> one keystore for ex and for
> https://localhost:9000/foo one can point to another keystore ? What
> is the point of calling
> setTLSServerParameters(parms); per every endpoint sharing the same
> port ?

No, one does not need to write this expression for each
endpoint.publish.  You only need to do this if you want to configure
the server engine programatically.  I think the point is, you should
be doing that on the server engine instance directly, not indirectly
through the Destination.

Just to allay any fears, this is being done precisely to support the
use case:

Endpoint.publish("https://www.acme.com:9090/foo", ...);
Endpoint.publish("https://www.acme.com:9090/bar", ...);

which is currently broken in CXF.