cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <ning.ji...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Proper destroy() method for jaxws:endpoint
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 04:15:56 GMT
Hi Seumas,

Soltysik, Seumas wrote:
> The current designated destroy method for the jaxws:endpoint spring bean is EndpointImpl.stop().
The effect of calling this stop() method is to remove the endpoint from an endpoints list.

>         if (mo instanceof MultipleEndpointObserver) {
>             ((MultipleEndpointObserver) mo).getEndpoints().remove(endpoint);
>         } else {
>             getDestination().setMessageObserver(null);
>         }
>
> However, it does not actually shutdown/deactive the associated Destination it only diables
the endpoint. I am not sure that this makes sense to me. When the destroy method is called
on the jaxws:endpoint bean, should the endpoint simply be made unavailable or should the infrastructure
for that endpoint be torn down?

Maybe DanD can answer this question.
I just checked out the change log of MultipleEndpointObserver
MutlipleEndpointObserver. If multiple a user attempts to register
multiple endpoints on the same address, this observer will be created.
Various binding interceptors and routing interceptors will be added to it.

Does it mean that the endpoints within the MultipleEndpointObserver
could still listen to the other address?
> Should the EndpointImpl.stop() method be changed to deactivate the Destination or does
it need to keep the same behavior per the JAX-WS spec? Do we need to add a special EndpointImpl.shutdown()
method and use this as the jaxws:endpoint destroy() method?

> Regards,
> Seumas

Cheers,
Willem.