cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Polar Humenn <phum...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Initializing a Proxy with a "secure" URL
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 02:36:05 GMT
Fred Dushin wrote:

> On May 3, 2007, at 10:16 PM, Fred Dushin wrote:
>
>> What is the expected behavior of the following code fragment?
>>
>> java.net.URL url = new java.net.URL("https://...");
>> javax.xml.ws.Service svc = new
>> javax.xml.ws.Service.createService(url, qname);
>
> Before too much confusion arises, just let me clarify that this is
> /client-side/ code -- i.e., the "Service" in the above is logically
> associated with a fragment of WSDL, not a remote service in the
> process of being created.  It may not have been clear from what I
> initially wrote.

Fred, in order to do this programatically as above, you would supply a
URLStreamHandler with the URL constructor, or it can be set after
construction. This sets up the URLConnection for the URL. So, you would
supply a HttpsURLConnection for this particular URL in which you may set
the certificates, trust points, by way of the socket factory, etc.

Cheers,
-Polar