cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Polar Humenn <phum...@iona.com>
Subject Re: contract first using either XSD or XML plus Trang
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 14:59:50 GMT
I don't see why we need yet another way to write things in CXF.

The XML schemas serve as the single definitive executable
'specification' language for
the various bits of XML needed to configure and use CXF.

It's bad enough that there is some disconnect between XML schemas and
the java code and keeping those consistent can be a nightmare, then to
add another level of indirection?

I'm no fan of XML, or programming in XML, but it's already hard enough
to try and figure this stuff out and what's going on.

If you were going to use this RelaxNG stuff, then there should be a push
to *completely* eliminate XML schema from the entire project and just
use RelaxNG (or something of the sort) as the single definitive
executable specification language.

Just my 27,255.55 Turkish Lira, :-)
-Polar