cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initializing a Proxy with a "secure" URL
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 14:21:11 GMT

Polar,

On Friday 04 May 2007 09:51, Polar Humenn wrote:
> Opps, I'm sorry, I got confused thinking it was a secure way of
> picking up the WSDL file,
> not the actual address of the service itself. Sorry for the confusion.
> I shouldn't answer emails when I'm tired. :)

You weren't confused.  (sounds like you are now though. :-)  We are
talking about how to get the WSDL document.     The URL to the WSDL that
is passed in is just "toString()" and that string is passed around
through much of the code.   The actual URL object is not used at all.
Thus, setting stream handlers or whatever on that URL object would be
irrelevant.

That string goes through a bunch of code to figure out how to create the
InputStream for it.   One is all the URI resolver code for files,
classpath,etc...   The next is the JAXWS catalog stuff.   Finally, it
checks the Bus's ResourceManager.   At this point, nothing in that path
would allow for a "secure" connection to the wsdl.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer