cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initializing a Proxy with a "secure" URL
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 13:29:02 GMT
On Thursday 03 May 2007 22:36, Polar Humenn wrote:
> Fred Dushin wrote:
> > On May 3, 2007, at 10:16 PM, Fred Dushin wrote:
> >> What is the expected behavior of the following code fragment?
> >>
> >> java.net.URL url = new java.net.URL("https://...");
> >> javax.xml.ws.Service svc = new
> >> javax.xml.ws.Service.createService(url, qname);
> >
> > Before too much confusion arises, just let me clarify that this is
> > /client-side/ code -- i.e., the "Service" in the above is logically
> > associated with a fragment of WSDL, not a remote service in the
> > process of being created.  It may not have been clear from what I
> > initially wrote.
>
> Fred, in order to do this programatically as above, you would supply a
> URLStreamHandler with the URL constructor, or it can be set after
> construction. This sets up the URLConnection for the URL. So, you
> would supply a HttpsURLConnection for this particular URL in which you
> may set the certificates, trust points, by way of the socket factory,
> etc.

I don't think that will work.   We just record the string form of the URL
internally and use that.

To get this to work, you'd probably need to register a ResorceResolver
with the Bus's ResourceManager.  Even then, I'm not sure what would
happen.   I think we check the "default" stuff first.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer