cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Tully, Gary" <Gary.Tu...@iona.com>
Subject Re: http-(conduit|destination) cfg
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 09:42:10 GMT
Hi,
Resurrecting an old thread. I have submitted a patch[1] that implements
simple wildcarding to bean ids used in configuration. The patch can
provide the basis for a solution to the original problem described in
this thread[2], namely portName clashes vs long bean ids.
As it stands it provides a simple way to apply default config behaviour
across a range of configured entities which solves my problem of easily
applying a property to all http destinations in a server.

Would a committer have a moment to check it out?

The JIRA[3] contains complete details and some requests for comment.

In short, configuration can change from:

    <bean
name="{http://cxf.apache.org/factory_pattern}NumberPortOne.http-destinat
ion" abstract="true">
      <property name="multiplexWithAddress" value="true"/>
    </bean>
    <bean
name="{http://cxf.apache.org/factory_pattern}NumberPortTwo.http-destinat
ion" abstract="true">
      <property name="multiplexWithAddress" value="true"/>
    </bean>

to:
    <bean name="*.http-destination" abstract="true"
class="JettyHTTPDestination">
      <property name="multiplexWithAddress" value="true"/>
    </bean>

or:
    <bean name="*" abstract="true" class="JettyHTTPDestination">
      <property name="multiplexWithAddress" value="true"/>
    </bean>

Gary.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12356655/patch-cxf-623.