cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Soltysik, Seumas" <Seumas.Solty...@iona.com>
Subject Proper destroy() method for jaxws:endpoint
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 21:20:32 GMT
The current designated destroy method for the jaxws:endpoint spring bean is EndpointImpl.stop().
The effect of calling this stop() method is to remove the endpoint from an endpoints list.

        if (mo instanceof MultipleEndpointObserver) {
            ((MultipleEndpointObserver) mo).getEndpoints().remove(endpoint);
        } else {
            getDestination().setMessageObserver(null);
        }

However, it does not actually shutdown/deactive the associated Destination it only diables
the endpoint. I am not sure that this makes sense to me. When the destroy method is called
on the jaxws:endpoint bean, should the endpoint simply be made unavailable or should the infrastructure
for that endpoint be torn down?

Should the EndpointImpl.stop() method be changed to deactivate the Destination or does it
need to keep the same behavior per the JAX-WS spec? Do we need to add a special EndpointImpl.shutdown()
method and use this as the jaxws:endpoint destroy() method?

Regards,
Seumas