cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Soltysik, Seumas" <Seumas.Solty...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Shutting down jaxws:endpoint
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 20:22:00 GMT
Given that it is now impossible to shutdown and jaxws:endpoint I propose adding a shutdown()
method to org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl

The method would look like this:

public void shutdown() {
	Server server = getServer();
	server.shutdown();
}

This method could then be set as the destroy() method for the jaxws:endpoint bean in the EndpointDefinitionParser
class.

-----Original Message-----
From: Soltysik, Seumas [mailto:Seumas.Soltysik@iona.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 5:39 PM
To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Shutting down jaxws:endpoint

I am using the jaxws:endpoint in a spring.xml file and I am using my own ApplicationContext
to launch the endpoints. I am able to do this successfully and launch the endpoints and invoke
on the endpoints, however, when I call context.close(), I don't believe that the endpoinst
are being shutdown. I noticed in the EndpointDefinitionParser that there is an init method
specified(publish()) for the jaxws:endpoint bean but no destroy method is specifed. This seems
like a problem since this means context.close() is not calling a destroy method on the EndpointImpl
class. Should EndpointImpl have a destroy method which calls something like ServerImpl.shutdown().
Or perhaps, the destroy method could get a handle on the Endpoint bus and call shutdown()
on it.

On a somewhat related note, is it possible to specify create a Bus in Spring and then associate
that Bus with the creation of a jaxws:endpoint? This could provide a convenient way to manage
the shutdown of endpoints. By associating a Bus with a set of jaxws:endpoints and specifiying
Bus.shutdown() as the spring destroy() method for the Bus bean, you could ensure the endpoints
were in fact shutdown.

Regards,
Seumas