cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Glynn, Eoghan" <eoghan.gl...@iona.com>
Subject RE: <jaxws:client> createdFromAPI attribute
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:21:19 GMT

We discussed this previously on the list and I thought the conclusion
was to go with the ".jaxws-client/endpoint" suffices, so as to be
consistent with the HTTP config bean names.

I'm not too hung up on either approach (suffix or createFromAPI attr),
but I think it really does need to be consistent ... i.e. either all
beans change over to createFromAPI, or all go with the suffix, but not a
mixture of approaches (which would be a recipe for user confusion).

> As appending .jaxws-client to each ID seemed rather
> redundant, I opted for choice #1. From here there were two choices:
> 1. Automatically change the id if abstract=true 2. Create
> some other mechanism to automatically change the id - i.e.
> createdFromAPI = true
>
> If we went with #1 this would break parent/child
> relationships for the normal spring case ("why isn't my ID
> what I specified it to be?!?!"). So I opted for solution #2.
>
> createdFromAPI simply means that the user created that bean
> using our APIs - i.e. Endpoint.publish or Service.getPort. If
> you have better suggestions, I would welcome them - I asked
> for some in my commit message.
>
> I updated all the tests to use createdFromAPI and also all
> the demos. the coloc demo was added after these changes, so I
> did not review that one.

Well the coloc system test definitely pre-dated your merge, and then the
recently added coloc demo simply cloned the un-updated config from the
system test.

But no matter, it's a trivial change, which I'll commit now.

/Eoghan