cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Glynn, Eoghan" <eoghan.gl...@iona.com>
Subject RE: HTTPConduit change
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:58:44 GMT

Well, Polar seems to have moved these calls to
URLConnection.setRequestProperty() to a new
HTTPConduit.setURLRequestHeaders() method. I assumed the reason he did
so was to avoid an issue with calling URLConnection.setRequestProperty()
*after* URLConnection.connect() has been called.

The URLConnection.connect() needs to be called explicitly now so that
the connection attributes (particularly the TLS context in the HTTPS
case) can be made available to the new TrustDecider callback.

However what seems to have been removed completely is the following:

connection.setRequestProperty(HttpHeaderHelper.CONTENT_TYPE, "text/xml;
charset=" + enc);

I don't know whether Polar intended this deliberately or if it was an
over-sight. Polar, can you comment on this? If the latter, then this
case should be restored ASAP.

Cheers,
Eoghan