cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Moesel" <Christopher_Moe...@avid.com>
Subject RE: Questions While Implementing MTOM Policy
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:53:43 GMT
A Quick Update:

I moved the bean configurations from the
META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-mtom-policy.xml file to my service's own
Spring configuration file.  Now I can see that my MTOMAssertionBuilder,
MTOMPolicyInterceptorProvider, and MTOMPolicyInterceptors are at least
instantiated (which is further than I got before).

But, the handleMessage method on my MTOMPolicyInterceptor is never
called when I make a request to the service, so something still doesn't
seem to be registered right.

So two questions now:

1)  Why wasn't my META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-mtom-policy.xml file never
loaded by the framework?

2)  How do I get my service to actually build those assertions and
intercept the messages?

Thanks,
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Moesel [mailto:Christopher_Moesel@avid.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 2:40 PM
To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Questions While Implementing MTOM Policy

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a plugin for the MTOM Policy specification.
This is essentially a policy that states whether or not MTOM should be
used (or is optional).  I intend on contributing it back to CXF, so I
figure I'm OK sending this to the dev list. ;)

I've created a MTOMAssertionBuilder that uses PrimitiveAssertions, a
MTOMPolicyInterceptor (that at this point just prints out if it is
asserted), and a MTOMPolicyInterceptorProvider.

I've registered the MTOMAssertionBuilder and
MTOMPolicyInterceptorProvider in
META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-mtom-policy.xml and created a corresponding
META-INF/cxf/cxf.extension file.  According to the documentation, this
is all that is needed to register them in CXF.

When I try my service (that has the ws-policy and ws-mtom-policy jars in
its classpath), none of my MTOM policy classes seem to be called.  Do I
need to do something else to register them with my service, or is having
the policy assertion in the port of my WSDL file enough?  It seems I
must be missing something important.

If it would be helpful, I can zip up the module and send it along.

Thanks!
Chris