cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Dushin <f...@dushin.net>
Subject Default keystore type
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 18:06:14 GMT

A few issues on HTTP/S:

First, I submitted https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-514.  We
should allow clients to run with only a truststore, as client
authentication is not mandatory, in SSL.

Would folks be amenable to making the default keystore type in the
HTTPs transport JKS?  This seems a bit more amenable to most Java
users -- I was surprised to see that PKCS#12 is the default.  It also
seems a bit counterintuitive that the default truststore type is JKS,
whereas for "personal" keystores (i.e., keystores that ostensibly
contain private keys), it's PKCS12.  Anyone know why?

Also, I don't see support for a truststore password -- we want this,
I think, if it's not already there.

Thanks,
-Fred