cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: <jaxws:client> createdFromAPI attribute
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:40:46 GMT
Hiya,

In one of my previous commit messages I detailed this change and why it
needed to be done. In essence if you have a <jaxws:client> and a
<jaxws:endpoint> with the same id, they conflict. In essence there were two
solutions.

1. Change the bean definitions parsers to automatically append
".jaxws-client" and ".jaxws-endpoint" to the bean names
2. Force people to append those to the ID themselves.

As appending .jaxws-client to each ID seemed rather redundant, I opted for
choice #1. From here there were two choices:
1. Automatically change the id if abstract=true
2. Create some other mechanism to automatically change the id - i.e.
createdFromAPI = true

If we went with #1 this would break parent/child relationships for the
normal spring case ("why isn't my ID what I specified it to be?!?!"). So I
opted for solution #2.

createdFromAPI simply means that the user created that bean using our APIs -
i.e. Endpoint.publish or Service.getPort. If you have better suggestions, I
would welcome them - I asked for some in my commit message.

I updated all the tests to use createdFromAPI and also all the demos. the
coloc demo was added after these changes, so I did not review that one.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions