cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Client & Endpoint Config [was Re: Generic client config]
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:06:31 GMT
On 4/12/07, Polar Humenn <phumenn@iona.com> wrote:

> I would also recommend adding the service name to the configuration name.
>
> I would also like these questions answered
>
> 1. Without even concerning regex matching). If there are two
> configurations of the same name:
>        (a) in the same file, which one gets applied?
>        (b) in different files, which one gets applied?
>
> If you call that a configuration error. That's great, throw an exception
> and stop the show.
> But when you start using regex situations (a) and (b) become very real.

I don't think you can have two spring beans with the same id, so
theoretically Spring should throw an error on startup. Although I haven't
personally verified this.

Regex's are of course another story. If multiple configurations are
candidates, that should throw an error I think. However to even get to that
stage, someone needs to add support for matching the Service/Port syntax.

I can also see the potential to have "base" configurations with
> "overrides". How will that be handled, if handled at all?
>
> Spring has the concept of parent beans...

<bean id="parentBean" abstract="true">
... some properties for everything that inherits from this
</bean>

<bean id="my.first.endpoint" parent="parentBean">
.. properties specific to this endpoint
</bean>

The parent stuff may not 100% work yet with our custom xml syntax though. I
would probably need to add explicit support for this inside the
AbstractBeanDefinitionParser.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse