cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Generic client config [WAS: svn commit: r525667]
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:39:48 GMT
Hiya

> 1. How does the <jaxws:client> id attribute relate to the target port
> name? e.g. id="MyPort", or id="MyService/MyPort", or
> id="{http://myNamespace}MyService/MyPort", or some wildcarded variant,
> or something else entirely?

It pulls out the <jaxws:client> config by the port name.

>From the ServiceImplTest/soapServiceConfig.xml:

  <jaxws:client id="{http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http}SoapPort"
abstract="true">
     <jaxws:properties>
      <entry key="foo" value="bar"/>
    </jaxws:properties>
  </jaxws:client>

2. How does the lifecycle of the Spring-loaded <jaxws:client> bean
> instance relate to JAX-WS proxies created on demand, i.e. via
> Service.getPort()? Unless I'm missing something, the Spring-loaded
> <jaxws:client> instance seems to be created upfront from the
> ApplicationContext when the Bus is being init'd. How is this client
> instance then related to the (distinct?) client instances created as a
> result of subsequent calls to Service.getPort()?
>
> The answer to #2 may well follow on from #1. Its not really clear to me
> from your JAX-WS SpringBeansTest which uses an ApplicationContext
> directly to retrieve the Client instance instead of using
> Service.getPort() (which obviously is what JAX-WS application writers
> would normally want to do).

The SpringBeansTest uses the Spring-first approach, i.e. it creates a client
with that id that people can inject into their applications.

The ServiceImplTest shows the approach which I think you're concerned about
- where someone creates a Service instance via the API and configures it via
XML.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse