cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jetty dependency
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 14:34:09 GMT
The Geronimo integration code is (somewhat) based on the CXFServlet.
That is, it explicitly registers our GeronimoDestinationFactory with
the DestinationFactoryManager using registerDestinationFactory
function. The problem is (as we discovered with Daniel D.) that when
I'm publishing a service and ServerFactoryBean.create() is called, the
ExtensionManagerImpl kicks in and eventually causes the
GeronimoDestinationFactory to be replaced with the default ones.
Here's the stack trace when the overwrite happens:
        org.apache.cxf.transport.DestinationFactoryManagerImpl.registerDestinationFactory(DestinationFactoryManagerImpl.java:75)
        at org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapTransportFactory.registerWithBindingManager(SoapTransportFactory.java:183)
        at org.apache.cxf.common.injection.ResourceInjector.invokePostConstruct(ResourceInjector.java:288)
        at org.apache.cxf.common.injection.ResourceInjector.inject(ResourceInjector.java:79)
        at org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.ExtensionManagerImpl.loadAndRegister(ExtensionManagerImpl.java:154)
        at org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.ExtensionManagerImpl.activateViaNS(ExtensionManagerImpl.java:84)
        at org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.DeferredMap.get(DeferredMap.java:42)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.DestinationFactoryManagerImpl.getDestinationFactory(DestinationFactoryManagerImpl.java:103)
        at org.apache.cxf.frontend.AbstractEndpointFactory.createEndpointInfo(AbstractEndpointFactory.java:157)
        at org.apache.cxf.frontend.AbstractEndpointFactory.createEndpoint(AbstractEndpointFactory.java:86)
        at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ServerFactoryBean.create(ServerFactoryBean.java:85)

Thanks,
Jarek

On 4/3/07, Liu, Jervis <jliu@iona.com> wrote:
> Hi Jarek, as Willem already mentioned, the stack trace showed that you still got HTTPTransportFactory
instead of GeronimoDestinationFactory. At the moment, there are two ways to associate DestinationFactory
with namespaces. One way to do this is providing a CXF extension file, for example, the cxf\trunk\rt\transports\http\src\main\resources\META-INF\cxf\cxf-extension-http.xml,
in your case, you can provide a cxf-extension-geronimo.xml. When CXF bus starts up, it loads
all extension files, "IF" your cxf-extension-geronimo.xml is loaded after cxf-extension-http.xml,
then all relevant namespaces will be associated with GeronimoDestinationFactory. As GeronimoDestinationFactory
and HTTPTransportFactory  are associated with same name spaces, this approach wont work as
there is no guarantee which one is getting loaded first. The second approach is explicitly
replacing namespace registry, CXFServlet.replaceDestionFactory() shows how to do this. The
trick is that you have to make sure you do this after bus has started up, but before DestinationFactory
.getDestination() is getting called. If you can not use the second approach, we probably needs
to come out with sth new.