cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Smyth <andrea.sm...@iona.com>
Subject Re: policy namespace change
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:49:31 GMT
Dan Diephouse wrote:

> It seems the http://www.w3.org/2006/07/ws-policy/ policy namespace is
> deprecated and we should use http://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy/ now instead.
> Should we make the switch internally before 2.0?

I have no problems with that.

> Also, I noticed PolicyConstants is tied to one specific version. Does
> this
> mean we can't support both 1.2 and 1.5 inside CXF?

Actually we can - but not simultaneously -  there is a
setNamespace(String ns) in PolicyConstants,  and change the static
initialiser in PolicyContants to switch the default.
Not sure if it's more work to modify existing resources, or to adjust
the runtime for these tests to use the old
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/ws-policy/ though, which 's is what I have
done to reuse the neethi test resources for policy normalisation (they
use the http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy namespace).
Could improve that by making PolicyConstants a configurable instance,
available either attached to another dynamically created object
(PolicyBuilder or PolicyEngine) or as a BusExtension itself.

Andrea.

> Thats cool if it is, but
> I'd like to maybe think about supporting both for 2.1.
>
> Cheers,
> - Dan

We