cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Polar Humenn <phum...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Checkstyle
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 20:31:37 GMT
Glynn, Eoghan wrote:
> *snip*
> As I said I'm agnostic to the PMD rule change.
>
> However, I really don't see why there's such a big bones about giving
> the user a *choice* between implementing an interface and extending an
> abstract class. Especially since the class that started the whole
> debate, Polar's HttpBasicAuthSupplier, has such a tiny amount of
> implementation code in the base class.
>
> Which now that I look at it again, I notice isn't even abstract.

Well, first of call CXF doesn't have this/my patch to look at yet.
Second of all, I was forced to make it a fully implemented class to
avoid having "AbstractHttpBasicAuthSupplier" in my code, which is really
what we are talking about. And that's what I am objecting to, is the
rule is forcing me to do bad things.

I'm going back to making that class abstract. please.

Cheers,
-Polar