cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Polar Humenn <phum...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Pluggable Conduit Initiation Strategy
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 17:54:39 GMT
You are right, but this situation should be sured up some more.
One of two approaches should be selected. Either:

1. The Client selects/configures the Conduit according to its
requirements, and it
   *cannot* be changed. (i.e. no calls to "setConduit" should exist
anywhere in the
   public API).

2. The Client sets a Conduit selection/configuration policy that *cannot* be
    changed, and interceptors can only get a conduit from Conduit factory
    that adheres to that policy.

Otherwise, the client has no hope in getting any of its requirements
satisfied by the
underlying architecture.

Cheers,
-Polar