cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Smyth <andrea.sm...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Pluggable Conduit Initiation Strategy
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 17:42:45 GMT

> Are we not happy with our ability to select a different Conduit inside
> the
> MessageSenderInterceptor? I don't see how this could be an issue. Just
> set a
> new Conduit on the Exchange in a previous interceptor.

Hi Dan,

Maybe I am missing something here - but doesn't the fact that any
interceptor run before the MessageSenderInterceptor can set the conduit
prove that the client - conduit coupling is very loose indeed?
In the presence of such an interceptor, it makes perfect sense to me to
not initialise a conduit upfront if it's possible/certain that this is
never going to be used.
In that case I don't understand your objections aginst the proposed
strategy pattern.

Cheers,
Andrea.