cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Dushin <f...@dushin.net>
Subject Re: <jaxws:client> createdFromAPI attribute
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:47:32 GMT

Dan, is what you are proposing that we have the config along the
lines of:

<http:conduit id="{http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http}SoapPort">
</http:conduit>

as opposed to

<http:conduit id="{http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http}
SoapPort.http-conduit">
</http:conduit>

(and similarly for http:destination)?

I was wondering about this, myself, as I was re-factoring some of my
SSL config to use the new config syntax (Yes, I'm that late).

I like the idea of removing the "-conduit"/"-designation" designators
in the id fields, when the Element effectively already encodes the
role of the element -- I agree, it seems redundant, and if that is
the proposal, then I think it would be more succinct if we removed it.

Not sure how this affects migration.  Apparently, there are already
significant changes in the config between 1.0 and 2.0, so now is the
time to do, IMO.  Cut the cord while you can, right?

-Fred