cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Paibir, Ajay" <ajay.pai...@iona.com>
Subject Why is OutgoingChainSetupInterceptor in inbound chain ?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:48:44 GMT
Hi,

I noticed the OutgoingChainSetupInterceptor is part of the inbound
interceptor chain operating in the PRE_LOGICAL phase. It does the
following things
a) Sets up the outbound message before even the message is dispatched to
the implementor.
b) Copy Message properties from inbound to outbound message
c) Sets up the outbound interceptor chain.
d) Sets up outbound fault message.

I think a) and c) are done in a eager manner and should be deferred
further down the inbound chain or if possible to start of outbound
chain.

So i am proposing to move (a),(b)  to ServiceInvokeInterceptor and (c)
to OutgoingChainInterceptor which intiates the outbound chain. Leave the
(d)  to the fault observer namely OutFaultChainInitiatorObserver.

Thus eliminating OutgoingChainSetupInterceptor.

Any suggestions, comments? I volunteer to do the changes if it makes
sense.

Regards
Ajay