cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Jervis" <j...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Release Update
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:36:09 GMT

Ok, I see what you mean. I believe you are referring to this proposal [1]. One thing I have
not figured out from the proposal yet is how we know the addresses of services to which the
routing service is about to redirect? Through some kind of registries or a configuration loaded
from a separate file or a WSDL extension.? Once this kind of discussion gets started, I do
not see how it can end by the end of this release. Service routing is a huge topic anyway.
However we will have much less to worry about if we are not after a complete resolution of
service routing. For example, if we only support the routing among different endpoints within
the same Destination, would this feature be considered helpful for some certain use cases?
Reading your proposal, I believe this is also what you want to do, start from sth simple first.
If this is the case, I am ready to get my hands dirty now.

BTW, I am in a traveling at the moment, I may not respond in time until I get back to office
next Tuesday.

[1]. http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cxf-dev/200612.mbox/%3c7b774c950612021343x513c2783o128a032ba93923bb@mail.gmail.com%3e