cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject URL in Client stub
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 04:36:32 GMT
Hola,

When using the WSDL2Java program it always generates hard coded urls in the
client stub like so:

    static {
        URL url = null;
        try {
            url = new URL("file:/C:/cygwin/home/Dan%20Diephouse/some.wsdl");
        } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        WSDL_LOCATION = url;
    }

There is a problem with this though - It may not be in that same location
when I deploy my service. I can specify a relative URL using wsdl to java,
but then the URL string will be something like "some.wsdl" - which is not a
valid URL and will throw a MalformedURLException.

First, the exception is caught, which strikes me as odd. If its important,
we should do something about it. If its not important, then why is it
there??

Is there anyway around this?

Thanks,
- Dan