cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: FooWSFeature [was Re: [PROPOSAL] Client and Conduit changes]
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:08:14 GMT
Seeing that I read Eoghan's message after yours.... just wanted to clarify
that if the ws policy layer can install things, we may want to add support
for embedding policy expressions directly. My two main concerns are
1. WS-Policy isn't expressive enough for all configurations. For instance,
ws-securitypolicy isn't sufficient for ws-security configuration as I
understand. I still need to supply my keys and what not via some other
directives.
2. There isn't a WS-Policy schema for everything.

Thoughts?
- Dan

> Hi Andrea,
>

> On 3/20/07, Andrea Smyth <andrea.smyth@iona.com> wrote:
> >

> > What is the connection between the <wsrm:reliability> element and the
> > RMAssertion? Is the timeout attribute in <wsrm:reliability> element
> > synonymous with the InactivityTimeout in the RMAssertion?
> > I would like to see the above way of configuring WS-* features in sync
> > with the configuration of these features as envisaged in their resp.
> > specs, both at the data level (i.e. reuse of the RMAssertion type for
> > example) and for aggregation purposes (use WS-Policy to specify
> > optionalities, requirements, express alternatives etc.).
>

> Don't take my <wsrm:reliability> as a specific proposal for WS-RM
> configuration syntax. I think we should continue to use the RM policy type
> which you've been using.
>

> Why not allow <wsp:Policy
> > xmlns:wsp=" http://www.w3.org/2006/07/ws-policy"> child elements in
> > <jaxws:client>?
>

> The benefit is that a FooWSFeature class has an opportunity to configure
> the Client/Bus/Server. This means that a user won't have to add all the
> interceptors themselves, the WSFeature can just take care of it. I agree
> that we should reuse the Policy configuration wherever possible.
>
> BTWwhat is actually jaxws specific about these features - or the
> > client/conduit injection for that matter? It should be possible to
> > inject a conduit into any kind of client (and configure its WS-*
> > features) - JAXWS or not.
> >
> > JAX-WS 2.1 introduced the concept of WSFeature classs (I think that was
> the name at least). I want to figure out what is in that spec so they can
> align nicely. However, all the javadocs/specs have been pulled temporarily
> so I can't really check to see what is going on there.
>
> Cheers,
> - Dan
>

> --
> Dan Diephouse