cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject FooWSFeature [was Re: [PROPOSAL] Client and Conduit changes]
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:58:06 GMT
Hi Andrea,

On 3/20/07, Andrea Smyth <andrea.smyth@iona.com> wrote:

> What is the connection between the <wsrm:reliability> element and the
> RMAssertion? Is the timeout attribute in <wsrm:reliability> element
> synonymous with the InactivityTimeout in the RMAssertion?
> I would like to see the above way of configuring WS-* features in sync
> with the configuration of these features as envisaged in their resp.
> specs, both at the data level (i.e. reuse of the RMAssertion type for
> example) and for aggregation purposes (use WS-Policy to specify
> optionalities, requirements, express alternatives etc.).

Don't take my <wsrm:reliability> as a specific proposal for WS-RM
configuration syntax. I think we should continue to use the RM policy type
which you've been using.

Why not allow <wsp:Policy
> xmlns:wsp="http://www.w3.org/2006/07/ws-policy"> child elements in
> <jaxws:client>?

The benefit is that a FooWSFeature class has an opportunity to configure the
Client/Bus/Server. This means that a user won't have to add all the
interceptors themselves, the WSFeature can just take care of it. I agree
that we should reuse the Policy configuration wherever possible.

BTWwhat is actually jaxws specific about these features - or the
> client/conduit injection for that matter? It should be possible to
> inject a conduit into any kind of client (and configure its WS-*
> features) - JAXWS or not.
>
> JAX-WS 2.1 introduced the concept of WSFeature classs (I think that was
the name at least). I want to figure out what is in that spec so they can
align nicely. However, all the javadocs/specs have been pulled temporarily
so I can't really check to see what is going on there.

Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse