cxf-dev mailing list archives

From James Mao <james....@iona.com>
Subject Re: URL in Client stub
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 01:57:58 GMT
Dan Diephouse wrote:
> My problem with this is that:
>
> a) Its completely impossible to do relative urls when calling new
> URL(). If
> we are going to enable the -wsdlLocation flag for this, we should be
> using
> the URIResolver class to create a URL. Are there any issues with doing
> that?

Yes, i agree, that's why i said it's a bug introduced when i fix the
issue CXF-426
If you take a look at the
cxf/tools/wsdlto/frontend/jaxws/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/tools/wsdlto/frontend/jaxws/template/service.vm
You'll see static block and annotation they use the same variable, which
should not.
The static block should still use the absolute path , and the annotation
should use what ever user input.

> b) If, as Jervis says, the exception can be safely ignored, why do we
> print
> the stack trace? Its annoying for those who don't have a WSDL around.
> I can
> see how we need the WSDL to pull metadata out of sometimes, but it
> shouldn't
> be required in my mind. Is the stack trace printing just there so
> people can
> figure out why their WSDL isn't loading on the client side if that is in
> fact what they want to do? \\

If we changed to absolute path, i don't think we will see any
exceptions. if you really don't want to print stack trace, i suggest we
print some useful info/hints to user

Cheers,
James.