cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Polar Humenn <phum...@iona.com>
Subject Re: http: URLs and setepURL
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:51:18 GMT
Dan Diephouse wrote:
> On 3/13/07, Polar Humenn <phumenn@iona.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dan Diephouse wrote:
>> > [snip]
>> >
>> > No, think of an activation namespace as a transport id.  As in  "
>> > http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
>> >

>> So, what does a "transport id" mean?  In particular what does the above
>> URL mean as a transport id?
>>
>> In http2 the HTTPTransportFactory seems to get registered under the
>> following "activation namespaces" or "transport id"s.
>>
>>     http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/http
>>     http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http
>>     http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap/bindings/HTTP/
>>     http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http
>>     http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration
>>     http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat
>>
>> So if a CondiutInitator is registered under all of these "transport id"
>> what's the common factor that unites them? Or what are their
>> differentiators? What do they signify?
>

> They can be "foobar" for all I care. They're just some way to link
> together
> an EndpointInfo and a Conduit/Destination.
>
> WSDL uses various different namespaces to refer to HTTP, at least two of
> them are WSDL ids. The last two should should not be there. And I think
> there is the possibility that the remaining two could be removed.

C'mon guys, they *have* to *mean* something, and there must be something
common about them!

So, if you say its a "way" to link together EndpointInfo and a Conduit,
then it has no dependence on any meaning external to CXF? Somehow I
don't believe that.

What would happen if a conduit initiator wasn't registered under some of
these names?
Lets say for example, the one ending in "/configuration".
What would break?

Would a client not be able to talk to specified endpoint in a particular
WSDL file? Would a client not be able to send a message to a logical
host it constructed programmatically?

-Polar