cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Polar Humenn <phum...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Http Authentication Policy
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:12:24 GMT
As Fred mentioned the difference between Own and Received Credentials in
an effort to maintain separation from "configuration" and "rutime
attributes", I would like to make a distinction of what is
"configuration" and what is "policy". There may be a fine line that I'm
sure will insight arguments :)

"Configuring" an http-conduit to use a particular UserPassSupplier is
what I would consider "configuration" and seems to be an acceptable use
of Spring configuration (for those things the code writer and the
deployment engineer know need to be configured apriori).

However, placing things like "reactive" authorization "policy" in a the
"configuration" space seems to muddle the waters between this
separation.  I would like to see spring used at the conduit layer to
"hook" together the various components needed to get the job done, and
have those components query various policy structures if need be.

Why does a conduit need to "configured" with anything more than a
particular UserPassSupplier?

Cheers,
-Polar