cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Polar Humenn <phum...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Http Authentication Policy
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 19:37:04 GMT
The AuthenticationPolicy object is only useful for preemptive supply of
user-pass information. The AuthenticationPolicy object is a JAXB
generated object based on some XML schema, so anybody using it would
have to subclass it anyway veering from it's intended use as the
representation of a static XML document.

Also, if the object is created programmatically and put on message
properties, it still cannot react to a 401 response in which a realm is
specified.

Furthermore, if we take "configuration" as being part of the
"application" the only configuration option we have is to place
sensitive username password information in config file conforming to the
AuthenticatonPolicy's corresponding XML schema definition.

If configuration is the "way forward" for "modern programming" I'd like
to see an object like the one proposed to be instantiated for a
particular endpoint, something like so:

<bean name="{http://....../EndpointName}.http-conduit.user-pass-auth"
class="...."/>

Cheers,