cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Non-Daemon Timer thread created at RMManager
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:40:58 GMT
On Tuesday 13 March 2007 09:44, Dan Diephouse wrote:
> But if someone is using just a generated client should they really
> have to call Bus.shutdown()?  Maybe we should add some shutdown hooks
> so Bus.shutdown() is called automatically when someone exits the JVM.

Just FYI:  a shutdown hook wouldn't help in this case.    If there is a
non-daemon thread around, the VM won't ever start to shutdown.   Thus,
the shutdown hooks wouldn't be called.

Basically, we need to get the Timer switched over to a daemon thread.
Any other threads that may be created also need to be the same way.
(does the WS-RM stuff cause threads/servers to start up?   What about
the work queues?)

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp