cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Bharath Ganesh" <bhar...@pramati.com>
Subject Re: Non-Daemon Timer thread created at RMManager
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:59:32 GMT
Hi Andrea

I do not call bus.shutdown(). I feel a JAX-WS Client should not really bother about the bus.

-Bharath
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrea Smyth
  To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 7:04 PM
  Subject: Re: Non-Daemon Timer thread created at RMManager

  Bharath Ganesh wrote:

  >Hi
  >
  >I could see a Timer created at org.apache.cxf.ws.rm.RMManager using the default Timer
constructor. This causes the associate timer thread to run as a non-daemon thread.

  >Since this timer is never cancelled, the thread to be there forever, stopping the VM
from exiting. (Matters a lot at the JAX-WS client side)

  >This needs to be fixed.
  >
  >Thanks
  >-Bharath
  >http://www.bharathganesh.com

  Hi Barath,

  This timer is canceled - in the RMManager's  @PreDestroy annotated
  shutdown method, which is called when the the bus is shutdown. Do you
  call Bus.shutdown() in your application?

  Andrea.