cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Bharath Ganesh" <bhar...@pramati.com>
Subject Some Memory Leaks : (Registry, Threadlocal not cleared)
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:26:32 GMT
Hi

I could see that when an endpoint is published, the corresponding org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl
instance is registered with the ServerRegistry. I wanted to know the reason for this. As far
as I could not see there are no accessors for this registry.

During endpoint.stop(), the ServerImpl is not cleared from the Registry. This leads to strong
reference of the ServerImpl, which would in-turn hold a reference to JaxWsEndpointImpl, the
observer and all related stuff.

Also, even after stopping the endpoint (endpoint.stop() ) , if I get the list of services
(cxf/services) it still dispalys the serivce. (It cant be accessed since there wont be any
observer)

Another memory leak that I could see is in the ThreadLocal in WebserviceContextImpl. During
web service invocation, the context threadlocal is set but never cleared. I think the threadlocal
should be cleared at the end of invoke() method in JaxWsMethodInvoker.

Please clarify.

cheerio
Bharath