cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Glynn, Eoghan" <eoghan.gl...@iona.com>
Subject RE: HTTP and HTTP2
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:15:39 GMT

Polar,

I don't think you should take a dependency on http2 at this time.

Have a look at the thread on cxf-dev from about a week ago with the
subject "Duplication in http2 module".

The conclusion is that the http/http2 duplication will go away to be
replaced by a single module based on Jetty6, but this time taking
advantage of the non-blocking capabilities of this version (whereas the
http2 module currently just uses the new Jetty6 APIs in exactly the same
manner as the old blocking version in Jetty5).

In the meantime, IMO the http2 module should be considered deprecated.

The original reason for the duplication (as opposed to a straight switch
to Jetty6) was a log warning in the Jetty6 SslSelectChannelConnector
code indicating beta quality, which apparently is to go away in the
upcoming version 6.1.2, in which the async SSL support is considered
stable.

Cheers,
Eoghan