cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject WSDL extensibility elements and BP 1.1
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:10:46 GMT
I was reading the WS-PolicyAttachment spec earlier today and I ran across
this section:

WSDL 1.1 disallows the use of extensibility elements on certain elements and
the use of extensibility attributes on others. However, the WS-I Basic
Profile 1.1 [BP 1.1 <http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-policy-attach/#BP11>] overrules
this restriction and allows element extensibility everywhere. Therefore, the
policy reference SHOULD be attached using wsp:PolicyReference as child
element unless it is absolutely necessary to maintain the original
WSDL 1.1restriction, in which case the
@wsp:PolicyURIs attribute MAY be used for the following WSDL elements:

Since we need to allow extensibility elements everywhere,can we update our
wsdl.xsd appropriately and remove all the references to
tExtensibilityElement in all our schemas? :-) The updated schema is here:

http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/wsdl11.xsd

Cheers,

- Dan

--