cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Client API, EPRs
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:05:50 GMT
Hi All,

Is there a way to use WS-Adressing from the Client API? Specifically I'd
like to be able to set the replyTo/faultTo locations somehow for the Client
itself and then also on the invocation context:

client.setReplyTo(new EndpointReference("http://foo/replyTo"));

Or:

Map<String, Object> context = ...;
context.put(REPLY_TO, epr);
client.invoke(operation, args, context);

This brings up the question in my mind of whether or not we really want to
use EndpointReferenceType throughout the codebase. I'm uncomfortable with
the way things stand as
- EndpointRefenceType has an ugly API. It is not easy to create an EPR from
a String/URL and I think it should be doable via a constructor. (Yeah, we
can create factories, but thats ugly and it still doesn't make retrieving
values friendlier).
- We seem to have an odd mixture of EndpointReferenceTypes and EndointInfos
going on in our transport interfaces. On some methods we require both. It
seems like it should be either one or the other.
- WIth that said, using an EndpointInfo is odd to me as thats part of the
service model. Using an EPR seems unnatural for reasons I state above.

Whats the advantage of using EndpointReferenceType throughout the codebase
as opposed to our own class?

Regards,
- Dan
--