cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Using javolution XML parser inside CXF
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 03:37:35 GMT
Hi David,
Woodstox is a StAX implementation (JSR 173). The Javalution APIs seemed to
have taken the StAX APIs and modified them to enable access to the character
data (i.e. char[]) instead of just Strings.

You can check out the woodstox website if you want to download it and play
with it: http://woodstox.codehaus.org

Cheers,
- Dan

On 2/20/07, David Greco <greco.d@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
> thanks for the reply, I was looking at the cxf code, I couldn't find any
> usage reference to the woodstox package. Any hint ?
>
> On 2/20/07, Dan Diephouse <dan@envoisolutions.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi David,
> >
> > I took a look at Javalution, but I'm a little bit skeptical. First, they
> > completely changed the StAX API in an incompatabile way which was
> > unnecessary. We can develop backward compatabile extensions to enable
> > efficient access of ints/longs/etc. Not that there is that much
> > performance
> > value in that (at least from my limited tests). However, that limits our
> > ability to use it within CXF - we could develop something to enable it,
> > but
> > that would be a lot of work and....
> >
> > Second, I don't see any verification that their parser is actually
> faster
> > than Woodstox on their website. Tatu, the woodstox author, did some
> > benchmarking though. Woodstox is actually 20-25% faster than the
> > Javalution
> > parser. :-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > - Dan
> >
> > On 2/20/07, David Greco <greco.d@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > > looking at the Javolution initiative www.javolution.org, I was really
> > > amazed
> > > by the performances of their pull parser, so I wonder if it's possible
> > > use the Javolution parser, I think it could give CXF an excellent
> burst
> > in
> > > terms of performance.
> > > Regards,