cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Using javolution XML parser inside CXF
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:19:24 GMT
Hi David,

I took a look at Javalution, but I'm a little bit skeptical. First, they
completely changed the StAX API in an incompatabile way which was
unnecessary. We can develop backward compatabile extensions to enable
efficient access of ints/longs/etc. Not that there is that much performance
value in that (at least from my limited tests). However, that limits our
ability to use it within CXF - we could develop something to enable it, but
that would be a lot of work and....

Second, I don't see any verification that their parser is actually faster
than Woodstox on their website. Tatu, the woodstox author, did some
benchmarking though. Woodstox is actually 20-25% faster than the Javalution
parser. :-)

Cheers,
- Dan

--